Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Difficulty trying to set up and use the Sceptre E246BD-FC as

Customer Question

Difficulty trying to set up and use the Sceptre E246BD-FC as a stand alone DVD player and the instructions are not sufficient. DVD loads, start to play and then skips and stops...then ejects. Tried to setup again when msg indicated that parental controls wouldn''t allow playing and asked for parental code which I don't have. Suggestions please!
JA: What is the model of your TV?
Customer: Sceptre E246
JA: What menu options can you access, if any?
Customer: I can access and navigate menu for both TV abnd DVD
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that when I get it to somehow start to play a DVD it starts and stops continuously
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Initially, can you try using 0000 as the parental code and let me know if that allows you to play a disc?

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.