TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Model E422VA. No sound. Hdmi. HDMI cable does not work, no…

Customer Question
Model E422VA. No...

Model E422VA. No sound

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Hdmi

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

HDMI cable does not work, no service/stations on the tv. cables from the dvd player work but no sound

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/7/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

Are you using the speakers built into the tv or external like sound bar?

speakers built into the tv...rci cables which work when hooked up to the dvd player

So it's only when you connect something with HDMI that there is no sound?

What are you connecting via hdmi?

the direct tv box

One second...

Please try this:

-put the tv On so that the Directv picture is showing on the screen

-locate the POWER cord for the Directv box and unplug it from the wall

-count to 5 then plug that power cord back in

-watch the tv screen as the box boots up (press power on box if needed)

REPLY back here let me know what happens

direct tv is working but no sound

Please clear this up for me... Is it only when you connect something with HDMI that there is no sound? or does everything have no sound?

no sound when direct tv is on

You mentioned something about a dvd player. Is there sound when using the dvd player (non-hdmi)?

no sound on the tv when hooked up to dvd player

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

when the input menu is selected. TV hdmi2 is next to tv
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 8 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Its a bad main-board you have here, it will need to be replaced, if you have warranty with the set please use that a service agent will fit for free, if not your options are to replace it yourself (I will be happy to help with that) or hire a tech to do the work www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area, I am sorry this is not something easier however I am here for your help should you want to do this yourself, cost of board will be around $100.

Please I would be grateful if you could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Your previous expert opted out my name is ***** ***** read the above , if you want to action this let meknow

Do you need any more help here please?question is still open currently un-rated

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician