TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The aspect ratio needs adjusting and I've tried many times

Customer Question
The aspect ratio needs adjusting...
The aspect ratio needs adjusting and I've tried many times to fix it. There is a lot of the picture missing, almost like it is zoomed n and I can't adjust it. When I pull down the menu I can't read the choices there is so much of the screen missing on the left. And I know there is more missing on the right side too. I've consulted the e-manual and followed the directions but nothing changes.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: BN59-01233A
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The tv menu works but when I pull down the menu to view my recordings too much of the picture is missing so I can't read the choices.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had an att rep come out to help us with the new smart tv and when he left the screen was messed up this way. I called att and they said there is no problem on their end and to contact you. It has been a few months.
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: No
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
5/24/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

The picture size is generated by your Cable/SAT box when using HDMI - so the TV itself is not the problem and the settings must be accessed on the cable box.
First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then the settings are hidden deeper in the Cable Box and I will need the BRAND and MODEL of the cable box.

Simply view my reply and try those steps to proceed.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Are you able to see the steps I posted above?

Aric, Technician