Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Sharp LC-32LD145K ligths flashes and no picture on tv, about

Sharp LC-32LD145K ligths flashes and no picture on tv
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 3 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no image on tv cannot change input source
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: a few days the power light flashes 8/10 time
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: and goes back back to blue

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

The lights blinking is a code on the TV. Can you please check the code (for example: OPC flashes 2 times together with power- then the power light blinks once more by itself, etc.)?

Simply reply back to proceed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
power light flashes 8 times of 10 times

Hmm, I can't figure out what you mean by that. Your TV has two lights right- OPC and Power? Are there two lights blinking or just one?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
only one light and it is blue
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
only one light

Okay got it. Now look carefully. That light will blink a pattern (for example: 2 long blinks then 3 quick blinks). Please check that pattern and reply back.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
11 flashes quick and even

Offhand that points to a fault in the power supply or mainboard of the TV, which generally requires repairs made to the set.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is no power button, just a TV Function control toggle

When you push that button in and hold it- it is the power button.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it first flashes 7 time and then flashes 5 time

I'm sorry to hear that and unfortunately this does indicate a hardware fault in the set, with the power board or Mainboard that requires repairs. There are no settings/adjustments that will cause the TV to shut itself down. The only other attempt at a quick fix, is to leave the set unplugged for several hours in the hopes that it resets. The average cost for this repair is in the $200-$250 range (depending on which board has failed). Given the cost of repairs versus the cost of a brand new 32" LED TV, it is not generally cost effective to put that kind of money into fixing these sets in most cases.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thank you...

You're welcome.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.