Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

The color changes to psychedelic and red and picture fades.

the color changes to psychedelic green and red and picture fades. This happens more when the tv is warmer. Is this fixable? How much?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: model LN46A63OM1FX7A serial # AQD93CFQB0058ST versionAA02
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I am able to correct the problem in the menu using mode,contrast and backlight but it does not last long. It happens on broadcast tv and netflicks. I don't use cable
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have been dealing with this for about one year. When it is cold out, it functions well. With hotter temps it is acting up a lot. I don't know of anything happening, just temp changes.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know.

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

During the issue if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the menu ITSELF affected by this bad color?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It always switches to dynamic mode, the contrast to 100, backlight 10. I am able to correct the problem by switching to standard mode, which then allows me to correct by decreasing the contrast and usually need to increase brightness.

Sounds like a firmware glitch have you tried a reboot of the set first?unplug\replug back into wallpower after 5 mins?please do that

Then look for a factory reset or shipping reset in the settings menu

If its switching on its own that is a glitch that should not happen

Let me know if you need more help

Please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok, what is the diagnosis, prognosis? I have not recieved any help. Please do not call me.

Please read above your reply??

I am not available by phone message is sent by the site

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have followed the directions twice and it makes no difference. I change to standard mode which allows me to reduce the contrast- the repairs the problem, makes the screen dark which is rectified by increasing the backlight. The picture then deteriorates, the settings return automatically to dynamic mode and contrast to 100%. As I previously asked and would like to know if the tv is defunct or fixable. You did not call me when I wanted so do not call me now and do not charge me for a phone call. My original question has not been resolved.

Let me explain its the site that sends the phone message I have no control over that, I am not available by phone at this time but your request does go to a board for someone else to action IF they think its feasible by phone to discuss the issue, now that has no happened so I am sorry about that , it means the question can only be troubleshot by typing so have you done what I suggested earlier?here it is again, I need to be kept updated on anything I request you do, if you cant do it or dont understand please just ask and I will move on

Then look for a factory reset or shipping reset in the settings menu activate this and let me know results

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I unplugged it three times for a length of time. I enter the menu button on the remote several times. The picture button: Mode: standard, dynamic, movie. The setup button say Plug and Play: Menu language, stop demo, channels and time will be set. I don't find a factory reset button in the menu list. I don't find any buttons on the tv itself. I did read in a blog that some connection overheating causes this problem but they were just amateurs. I need to know if this is fixable or fatal. When I adjust the contrast the picture looks perfect for a while and then deteriorates.

Its a bad t-con board or if you are unlucky the LCD panel itself the catch 22 is there is no way to check the t-con it can only be replaced to eliminate it, if the issue is still there its a bad LCD panel, I am not sure if you want to do this yourself?cost of board around $80

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.

Your Welcome

If you need more help let me know

Anthony