Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Remote control is not working to do anything with my tv such

remote control is not working to do anything with my tv such as turn it off and on I have new duracell batteries but nothing is happening. what can I do
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Since I bought my tv. it wasn't a problem before because I was utilizing my directv remote for most things but now that one is not letting me turn off and on my tv or change the volume.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not at the moment

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

Is the tv currently on? has picture/sound?

Does the tv respond to the buttons on the tv itself?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have a 55 inch hisense that I bought at best buy. The tv is presently on the sound is about medium the picture is solid. I don't see any buttons on the tv itself.

I can't say where the buttons might be without an actual model number (which is printed on the back of the tv). So the first suggestion is to unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet, wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord, then test if the will respond to the remote(s).

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Appears the site sent you an automatic pop up for phone call service.

A phone call is NOT needed to obtain a written answer. This offer was not sent by me, and I am not available by phone but another expert may be.

In the mean time we can continue our chat...

I can't say where the buttons might be without an actual model number (which is printed on the back of the tv). So the first suggestion is to unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet, wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord, then test if the will respond to the remote(s). REPLY back here and tell me what happens.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The model number is ***** I just unplugged my set three minutes ago and am reconneting the power cord.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I tried both remotes but the tv is not coming on.

There are some buttons on the REAR of the tv in the bottom left corner. Try those now.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I found one button, I pressed it and the tv came on. now what do I do
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Mike are you there

Test if you can control the tv with those buttons.

Test if you can control the tv with the remote(s).

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I tried both remotes they both cannot turn off the tv and cannot control the volume. my directv remote is able to change channels and play my dvr's recorded programming.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
just like before

Unfortunately your tv needs parts and service. If the tv is under warranty, contact them for service. If not, I can help you find a local repair shop if you provide your zip code.

It's time for me to ask you if you are satisfied with my service but before I send the rating options, I want to know if are you inclined to give me 5 stars for best service OR are you leaning toward something else?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am under warranty for parts and labor for 4 years and my serial number was inputted on the hisense website. My zip code is 11218, I would appreciate any place you can recommend who can do the work under the warranty would be appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am looking at a four star rating

What is the purchase date of the tv?

Did you purchase an extended warranty when you got the tv?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I bought it in February 2017 with no additional warranty
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
By the way there is only on button which is the power button on the tv

You need to contact Hisense directly at(###) ###-#### They will tell you how to proceed.

If your tv was out of warranty, then I could help you find a local repair shop....

I hope before you go, you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am at least recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks for the telephone number