Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a sony DVD. I put a DVD in and push play but the TV

I have a sony(###) ###-#### DVD. I put a DVD in and push play but the TV does not start, but the DVD shows it is playing?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Mitchibici, 48" flat screen, and there are 5 lines from the DVD to the
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV that are pluged in
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: About 2 years ago it was pluged in by a ATT&T tech but was never used.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The service is AT&T for cable, and we have a big TV package, and wonder what channel we need to put it on? The TV addresses DVR's but not DVD?

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Please grab TV remote and find Input or Source or TV/Video button on it.

Push that button a few times to select Component Video input that should display DVD picture on TV, please reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
NOTE: the TV is a Samson, and is about 4 years old, and I am not where the TV is. I will be where the TV is at 8:00 pm p.s.t.
I will try what you suggest, but you can call me at 1-***-***-**** after 8:00 pm and I will let you know how it is working.
thanks. Mike

OK, please take your time and reply back with the result to proceed further.

Thanks.