Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 47LX6500. I've had problems where all of the lights

I have a 47LX6500. I've had problems where all of the lights on the TV come on and it keeps showing Key Lock. I turned on Key Lock after it started to go through options continuously.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: 47LX6500 This appears to be a common complaint.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I've checked for software updates but the latest one is dated 2011. The same one that my TV already runs.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: When in the mode that I described, the menu does not work.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: Don't think so. As I said, this appears to be a common problem. there are several YouTube videos showing the problem.

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Let me know when you are on line please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm here
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Anthony, I'm online.

OK when you say its flicking through the options can you see that happening on the screen?does it ever stop doing this

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Most of the time it stops eventually. May take 50 or 10 minutes. At the moment, it's been continuously displaying Key Lock for about 20 minutes or more.

Its likely to be the function board itself you can disconnect this board to eliinate it?do you think you can do that?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Probably...so find and disconnect the function board. Is that correct?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is a common problem for LG. Is removing the function board the solution that they've come up with for this issue?

Yes its where the buttons are on the set itself for volume\channel change etc these buttons can go bad, just find the board these are on inside the set and pull out the one lead to disable it then continue using the remote

If you need help later just come back here

Please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK, thanks

Your Welcome

Please remember the rating thank you

You can come back here anytime for 30 days if you get stuck

Anthony