TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I cant change channels on my vizio smart tv, E40, E-40 DO,

Customer Question
i cant change channels on...
i cant change channels on my vizio smart tv
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: E40
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: E-40 DO
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: WEEK
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: NO ACEPT IS ONE MONTH OLD
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
5/17/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

What's connected to this TV that you receive channels from- is there a cable box, or satellite box, HDTV antenna, etc.?

Antena

Okay and are you saying the Vizio is stuck on one channel? Or what do you see on your screen right now?

One channel

Does the Vizio remote work to control other functions- like volume, menu, etc.?

it works every thing else just it is stocked in 1 channel

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up and allows you to change channels normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps? The power button is located on the lower left hand rear corner of the TV (facing the set).

Hello??

Aric, Technician