Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My picture is too dark, how do I adjust the brightness,

My picture is too dark, how do I adjust the brightness
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Purchased it 2016 Christmas 50inch mounted on the wall and can't see model no.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes, all sources need to be brightened . Really only occurs when the room is darkened
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: From day one, picture is still too dim
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: Just as I said it only occurs when the room is darkened. During the day when natural light enters the room it's brighter

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you please try to get to the back of the tv, as it is necessary to get the model number for us to discuss specific details about the tv .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where on the back will I find the model no?

It is on a sticker on the back, usually near the power cord

most wall mounts will tip or tilt out enough to make connections and see that info, or stick your phone back there to snap a picture of the tag

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Model : UN50ku6300f
Type no. 50ku6300

Great, thank you for checking.

What you are experiencing is an issue of the eco sensor adjusting to the room brightness, but over correcting.

Press the Home button then go to the Settings (gear) menu, then System, then Eco Solution, and set that to OFF.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Should eco sensor be on or off ?

It should be off, that is what I was wanting you to set to off.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do I get it set on off ? It seem to keep coming back to on after the tv picture come on and I go back to check the setting

Try setting the energy saving mode to the disabled setting also, then change the sensor to disabled

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When energy saving mode is on off and low is checked brightness is fine but picture slowing darken again. How do I set it so it stays
When you go back in has it reset itself to be on again?
Go into the picture setting and put the picture mode to movie or custom and try again
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Think I got it !
Thanks

Great! Glad that did the trick for you!

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,