TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I am unable to control the volume on my Sony Bravia TV. I

Customer Question
I am unable to control...
I am unable to control the volume on my Sony Bravia TV. I can't turn it up or down, nor can I mute it. It also takes several tries to just turn the TV on. I've even tried the switches on the side of the TV. No luck.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: KDL-40Ex501
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV menu works, after a couple of tries, still can't fix problem. I have it set on TV speakers, which is what I use
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's been an issue for about two weeks now. My partner fell asleep on the remote one night, with the TV on, and the volume went real high. The next day this started to happen. We've had the TV for 7 years now.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Sometimes if I turn it off then turn it on again (it only comes on after several tries) then the volume works, but only for a minute or so, then it's frozen. I also had problems with the source button. It wouldn't let me change the input.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/16/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 6 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

How about rebooting the set and any satellite or cable box you may be using by unplugging the set from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again let me know if there is any change

Already tried that
I'm hard of hearing, and I'd rather type. Thanks

Its a bad main-board you have here, it will need to be replaced, if you have warranty with the set please use that a service agent will fit for free, if not your options are to replace it yourself (I will be happy to help with that) or hire a tech to do the work www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area, I am sorry this is not something easier however I am here for your help should you want to do this yourself, cost of board will be around $100.

Please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician