Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I HAVE A SAMSUNG TV 42" ABOUT 10 12 YRS OLD CANT GET TO TURN

Customer Question

I HAVE A SAMSUNG TV 42" ABOUT 10 12 YRS OLD CANT GET TO TURN ON. HAVE UNPLUG IT, DISCONNECTED CABLE , REBOOTED AND STILL CANT GET IT TO TURN ON. IS THE TV DEAD
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: HOLD ON I HAVE TO LOOK FOR THAT INFO BUT THIS PROBLEM JUST STARTED, WITH TAKING ABOUT 15 TRIES TO TURN ON
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: NO
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: LAST TWO WEEKS
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: AT THIS TIME I CANT EVEN GET IT TO TURN ON MANUALLY OR WITH REMOTE. THERE IS ELECTRICITY GETTING TO THE TV
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
LN40A750R1F
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for the info, it very common problem with this TV chassis that occurs due to failing capacitors on power supply board. Replacement of bad capacitors on power board or entire power board will fix the problem. Please click following link to view power supply repair kit (contains required capacitors) or power supply board price info if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=LN40A750R1F.

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Bad capacitors replacement needs good soldering work with proper tools and expertise and entire power board replacement is easy, sort of plug and play type work.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.