Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a message on my screen that won't go away. Initial

Customer Question

I have a message on my screen that won't go away.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Initial download in progress, it takes a couple of minutes
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Not available model # Set about seven years old I think it's a 42"
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No, only on TV input. Not on any other input. We had a powe outage and possible surge while set was on.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since momentary power outage last evening.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: Not at this time.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I need some details in order to help you:

1) What's the model number off of the back of the TV?

2) What exactly does the message say? I can't see it, so have no way of knowing what it is.

3) What do you have connected to the "TV" Input- cable box, satellite box, HDTV antenna, etc.?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Please view my reply and send one back.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Message reads as I stated earlier : Initial download in progress, it takes a couple of minutes
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Please reply back to the rest of the info requested if you need help solving this.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.
I need some details in order to help you: 1) What's the model number off of the back of the TV?2) What exactly does the message say? I can't see it, so have no way of knowing what it is NOTE: (this part you replied to).3) What do you have connected to the "TV" Input- cable box, satellite box, HDTV antenna, etc.?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No to call.
If you know what to change, please tell me by message. If not possible, please cancel this,charge to my PayPal
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I'm not available by phone- the website sends that offer without my consent. You can ignore it. I'm going to garnish a guess and say you have Verizon Fios connected here is that correct?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
to Verizon Fios.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

The "Something's not quite right" message is generated by the Verizon box- meaning the issue is with Fios or their equipment. The only thing on a user level you can try is to unplug the power cord from the back of the Fios box for 30 seconds- and then plug it back in to fully reboot the box. Once it comes back up this can sometimes clear the issue. However if it does not, then your next step is to contact your cable provider (Verizon) as they are responsible for that message and may need to either refresh the signal or swap out the cable box.

Steps to solve that message and contact for Verizon can be found at the link below:

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/receivers/troubleshooting/questionsone/84875.htm

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

That "Initial Download....." message is directly generated by the cable box or router, so you will need to look towards that equipment and your cable provider for a solution.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** did try unplugging both units , overnight, but it stays on screen. I will contact Fios and see if they can guide me through that process. I will click on that and give you a good rating as long as you remove my payment by PayPal. Thanks for trying.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I don't handle your Paypal billing- that is something you would handle yourself. I’m a user of the site like you, so I don’t have any insight into your account, billing, or what you’re seeing on your end. You can contact Customer Service directly at: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help if you’d like.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Aric has referred me to VERIZON help page and has NOT cured my problem. Please refund my fee to PayPal.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just read the message above about Customer service at justanswer.com. I will contact them tomorrow.