TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Is Tech1 available? LG 50PC5D, I want to get to the point.

Customer Question
Hi , is Tech1 available...
Hi , is Tech1 available ?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: LG 50PC5D
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I want to get to the point. Everything works fine in this TV , meaning all voltages are ok but there is no image. VA, VS, VSC, VZB VDD (5V)are correct. Control board replaced.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Is there any real person there ?
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: Problem is similar to : http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/6xmy6-lg-50pc5d-ul-tv-sound-no-picture.html
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Forgot to tell the LED (D1) in the control board is not lit.
Got sometnig to do, I'll Be back at 2.00 pm
I'm back.
5/15/2017
TV Technician: Master Fix It, Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Was anything other than the control board that was replaced?

Also why was that part replaced?

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Hi Michael.
By the way.I'm Anibal
yes I replaced the ctr board because It was the main suspect (for my limited experience at least)
No other part was replaced. Just tested all voltages and they are ok.
I sent a link of the of a similar case (same TV) on justanswer. Got it?

Hi Anibal,

Do you still need help?

are you a TV technician?

Thanks

Tech Mike

Im electrical engineer but have not too much experience with plasma Tv's

Thanks,

What exactly does the TV do now?

Any lights responses etc?

Tech Mike

The Tv is on. Like I said. All voltages ok but no image ...

Thanks,

on this one get really close to the set and look at it in different positions, let me know if you can see a faint ghosting image at all, try this in different lighting conditions.

Thanks

Tech Mike

I already did that last night and as far as I can see , no flash or dimm light on screen.
The led in the ctr board is still off meaning the ctr board is not activating the Y-board...

Hi, yes that is correct.

Have you checked all the power supply output voltages?

VA VS VSC VZB VDD all correct (checked with the panel sticker)
.. the front led of the TV stays on green (no blinking)
Also tried the self test on the ctrl board and no pattern was displayed..

Hi, unfortunately given all that information.

You have a bad Plasma panel.

It is extremely expensive to order and replace. In this case, I really would replace the set.

You should at least have the ghosting, that would indicate a lighting circuit issue. But you have nothing with all else showing normal.

I wish I had better news for you, I really do. I have been a TV Technician for over 35 years hands on, so I knwo this well:-(

Please rate my service kindly, it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.
Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
Thank you and have a Wonderful day!

No additional cost to rate kind;-)
Sincerely
Tech Michael

But why the led in the ctrl board is not lit ?
jus a sec I'll be back in 10 min)

I will be here for another ten minutes this evening, then off until tomorrow morning at 7am EST;-)

If you haven't done all the voltage checks, you will need to do them.

I will get a copy of the service manual and the schematics so I can work with you. But usually this condition indicates a bad plasma panel.

Please rate kind (no additional cost to rate)so I can remain with you it may take a day to get all the paperwork we need to troubleshoot this down to the panel;-)

Thanks for your patience.

You there?
Michael?
Somebody here ?
Master Fix It
Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician