Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

The volume works with the CD player....But if you stop with

Customer Question

The volume works with the CD player....But if you stop with the CD and leave the TV only there is no sound or volume.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 4 years It is a 32" flat TV
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I know very little about The electrical part.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since last night...I was watching a DVD and when I went to TV the volume.
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: No that I know of..I do know that I touched a lot of buttons since I was watching TV in the dark.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).
3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.
4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am not home now...I am at work...Can I do this when I get home and follow instructions.?
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Sure you can do this anytime and reply back. Bookmark the page, add to favorites or click on one of the links in the e-mail the site sends you. If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can u call me by 500 pm???
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

No I cannot call- I am not available by phone. The website sends that offer without my consent. Please try those steps and reply back on this page when able. m