TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I can't get my TV to connect to my wifi

Customer Question
i can't get my TV...
i can't get my TV to connect to my wifi
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
5/15/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you please give me the full model number from the back of the tv, Rosanne?
Has this worked on the tv previously, or are you trying to use it for the first time?

tc-p420st30
yes, but with a different wifi #
i switched from cox to verizon. have a different router.
i have 2 wifi addresses. neither works

Thank you for confirming,

so when you go into the tv settings under network, it doesn't see any wifi networks at all?

How far is the tv from the router?

in the adjoining room
msg: connection failed. make sure there is a wifi to connect to

The likely issue is that your new wifi network is only putting out a 5g signal, which the panasonic is not capable of using.

Can you tell me what apps/content you are primarily using on the tv?

i have 2 wifi networks. one is 5g, the other is larger. it's attempting to connect to the 5g. how do i change that?

If you have 2, one should be a 2.4g, which is the one your tv needs to use.

When you go to the network setup, it should "scan" or search for networks and display a list of options. You would need to choose the 2.4ghz network, then put in your password.

i tried that. still doesn't connect.

Does it ever see the new network in the first place, prompt for a password, etc?
Or does it not show at all?

it sees both networks. asks for passwords. the only thing i can think of is that my passwords are case sensitive but i can't input lower case. what do you think?

Yes, passwords are case sensitive, if you are not entering them exactly, they will not work.

You should have an arrow (like a shift key) or an abcABC looking button on the on screen keyboard that you can select to switch to lowercase

still no working. i'm going to call verizon. thank you for trying. please make sure i'm not billed.

That is not how the site works, you paid your fee to the site for my time and expertise in advising you. If the password *****'t working, that is really outside of my control.

I can help you with the tv functionality, but you do have to have the correct password.

Are you not seeing the shift button on the on screen keyboard?
Have you tried using the individual digits/characters?

Louie, Technician