Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a set about 4 years old. Yesterday the picture

Customer Question

I have a set about 4 years old. Yesterday the picture started freezing briefly over and over. Also, pictures breaks up from time to time. Is that TV or satellite?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: NS-42L260A13 About 4-5 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu appears to work. Seems to be just TV. HDM1
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I watched a series on Apple TV. netflix
JA: Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?
Customer: Not that I am aware. I am not very tech savvy.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

This is a satellite issue. There may be something blocking the line of site. It's possible/common in the spring/summer with the leaves on the trees.... I would suggest you have the satellite company come out and re-point the dish so you get a clearer signal.

If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option.

I hope you appreciate the answer that I provided so far. All of the technicians here, including me, take your question very seriously because helping you is how we support our livelihoods. Please be aware that every moment spent helping you goes unrecognized until you submit a positive rating for the answer provided.

Please submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page now so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are not sure about giving me 5 stars, please tell me how I can possibly change that! If you having issues with the ratings try refreshing the page.

Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating, the less chance I will receive recognition.

Thanks