TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I need help with connecting my computer to my tv to watch a

Customer Question
streaming JA: What's the exact make...
I need help with connecting my computer to my tv to watch a streaming
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: My tv is a sharp. I have connected a cord to an input space and to my computer but nothing has happened
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just now started. I leave my cable box on or off?
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I really don't know enough to ask. This is my first try to connect
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
5/14/2017
TV Technician: Jason Jones, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Jason Jones, Customer Service

Which type of cord are you using to connect the TV to the computer?

- Jason

It is an HDMI cable hd connection

Which version of Windows are you running on the computer?

Windows 10

Follow the instructions to fix the problem:
- Hold down the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R
- In the box that comes up, type: desk.cpL
- Click the Ok button.
- Click the Advanced Settings link

- Click the Detect button.

After you do that, do you see the 2nd monitor displayed on the monitor?

You may need to choose "Extend to the 2nd monitor" or Mirror it and click the Apply button.

Did that help?

Louie, Technician