Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I received a free 55 inch Samsung TV when I switch to Direct

Customer Question

I received a free 55 inch Samsung TV when I switch to Direct TV back in July. I just recently opened the box to set up the TV and the TV would not come on. My son went online to look at info. & he stated according to the website Samsung is aware of a problem with something (sorry I don't remember what he called it) inside the TV and that I needed to have a technician check it out. Do they come to the house or do I need to take it someplace to be checked?
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Brand new in July, 2016 but I just recently took it out of the box to set it up & it did not work.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: It does not turn on at all.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We tried to set it up Easter Sunday, April 16 and it did not power on; I have tried it a couple times since & still nothing.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Yes the set will be under warranty you will need to ring samsung and explain you got the set through directtv

1-800-SAMSUNG(1-***-***-****)

MON - FRI : 8AM -12 AM (EST)SAT - SUN : 9AM -11 PM (EST)

They will send an approved tech to your home yes

if this answers your question could you please rate the answer 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you, ***** ***** will then release credit to me thanks again

If there is anything else you need clarification on let me know