Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

No sound, I have been working with TIVO support and the last

Customer Question

no sound, I have been working with TIVO support and the last step in setting up is to confirm "sound" via my Samsung TV remote. Menu- sound -auto vol. is on, SRS TruSurround XT is on, Sound select - main. I still have no sound..help!
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: no.......is that the only option?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: menu ok, I have TIVO service
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: the past 10 days I've been working with TIVO, it's been trying, now theonly issue is no sound and they wanted me to contact you.
JA: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?
Customer: don't think so, I have picture.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Please reboot any satellite or cable box you may be using by un-plugging the box from wallpower wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again do the same with the TV at the same time, let everything boot back up (usually 3 to 5 mins) then let me know if anything changes please

Anthony

If this works out OK could you please rate me 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you, ***** ***** still have problems try another input like a DVD player or similar and let me know if you have no sound with that thank you