Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Most of time when I turn on the TV I get a prompt that says

Customer Question

Most of time when I turn on the TV I get a prompt that says retrieving data. Then if we wait a few seconds we get another prompt that says resolution not supported. We than have to turn the TV off a couple of times to get a picture. How do I keep this from happening?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: It is a Vizio TV connected to the internet and I don't know the model number.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: We hooked up to Cox Cable and everything works after we turn the TV off and then back on.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: for some time like a year off so both here and in Vancouver, Washington.
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: not that I can think of.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

Are you with the tv right now?