Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have lost close captioning. when I click on "always on" in

Customer Question

I have lost close captioning. when I click on "always on" in menu and leave that area checkmark reverts to "off" Am I doing something wrong?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: I can't find paperwork -- it was a Christmas gift. I know it's "smart" and maybe 32"
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Everything else seems to work, but I have not tried all
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been an issue for maybe 5 days. Previously had great captioning! On Saturday my daughter hooked up dvd
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I am aware of
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

Are you with the tv right now?

What are you watching? just tv channels? who is your provider? comcast or directv or time warner or....

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Am not with tv. Concast is cable co.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Is it possible to get back with me when you are with the tv so we can try some things?

Simply bookmark or favorite this page in your browser and reply to this question (do not open a new question).