Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The sound goes out on certain channels on my 24 in visio

Customer Question

the sound goes out on certain channels on my 24 in visio help
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: the tv is only 3 old this been going on for 6-9 mo
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it is a 1080p and every thing works great -what I don't understand it only does it on certain channels and not necessarily on low or high channels
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete make and model number of the "...24 in visio..." Additionally, is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed? ...or is there a cable box? ...or even a satellite receiver?

Still, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• check the coaxial cable connection at the back of the TV;
  • if there is a cable box, do the same to the back of the cable box;
  • if there are other TVs in the house/location, check the sound performance; i.e. if the same sound issues on these channels;
  • if not, consider bringing the 24" to and connect to the antenna/cable feed of the other TV(s) with no sound issues to test/compare;
  • if directly connected to an antenna, check/re-orient the antenna;
  • in some cases, it may be necessary to clean/replace the coaxial cable or even the antenna itself.