Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I can't turn it on. Series 5/5500; it's about 15 months old,

Customer Question

I can't turn it on.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Series 5/5500; it's about 15 months old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: My cable box is on. I have no other to say. I have checked the circuit breaker, checked all the plugs.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have been out of the country for 4.5 months. Came home last night. Tv was not unplugged but no one used it. I called cable company and got cable running. They feel if tv was powered on, I probably wouldn't have trouble. Tv worked last Dec 29, 2016, the last time anyone was in the house.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?
Customer: The light switch for what I think is the cable box is on, all the other electrical outlets work. Can't think of anything else. I tried to find a power button the back of the screen. I found one lower right, but when I push it nothing happens.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Could you please give me the complete model number of the tv?

Do you see a red/white light on the front of the tv?