Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an LG 55" Google Smart 3D tv. It came with the qwerty

Customer Question

I have an LG 55" Google Smart 3D tv. It came with the qwerty remote control which has the keyboard on the back side. About 2 months ago I stepped on it by accident and it crushed. I went on ebay to replace it and they were like $100.00. I finally found one for $64.00 new.It just arrived yesterday. While I was waiting for it to come I remembered that before I bought the TV I had a LG 42" regular tv and I still had thhe remote. It worked for the most part, but because the qwerty has the keyboard the seems to be no way for me to input any searches or change any passwords in the tv due to the fact that I can't write anything. I don't think you can even pull up a virtual keyboard(and the old remote doesn't have a pointer option to use if there was one) I can't enter searches into netflix or use the computer as I can't search anything there. So obviously I had to buy a replacement. Now that I have it I have done everything that is said on how to register and pair it to the TV, but only the front of the remote works the back is useless. I get the "REGISTRATION HAS FAILED" EVERY TIME I have unplugged tv and plugged back in , removed the batteries and replaced on the remote still fails. CAN ANYONE HELP ME BEFORE I HAVE TO BUY IT FROM LG AND SPEND $$$$$ Thank you Felicia
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: It has never happened before. I haven't unplugged it for more than 30 minutes do you really think that would do it?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works as long as I only have to use the ok button or scroll or up and down keys
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just got it in the mail yesterday and I hadn't tried the back keys because the front worked, this morning I went to netflix and that's when I noticed it does nothing. Is there a way to pull up an on screen keyboard with this model tv?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?
Customer: Not really
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you give me please the exact link to the Keyboard you purchased?

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it was on ebay
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok, can you tell me the make and model of it?