Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I want to download the amazon prime video app to my TV. It

Customer Question

I want to download the amazon prime video app to my TV. It used to be on there and now its gone.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: hold on. It's 5 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Model number is *****
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had amazon on here but never used it. Now It is gone I don't know when it disappeared
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: Can I download it back on?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately that is not an option.

The app disappeared with a recent software change. This happened for virtually all 2012 and prior model tvs as the marketing agreement with Sharp ended and they are no longer supporting amazon. This tv is also well past its service life at this point and at this age they will never do any future firmware updates or add new functionality to it. What this means is just that you can't use amazon on the tv directly.

It is still possible to get the content you want, you'll just need to purchase an external streaming device instead, such as a roku or fire tv, which will plug into your tvs hdmi port just like a cable box or dvd player would. It will link up to your home wifi network and have its own remote, giving you all the same functions/apps and many more, with better performance and long term support without the expense of buying a new tv.

My apologies for the news,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay Nathen I thought I was gonna be charged 5.99 and was charged 38.00 so how do I get that refunded?
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

We are all licensed experts here, and we charge a fair price for service. 5$ is not the price and never was, that is only the initial deposit, you agreed to the full amount on the payment page. Rationally you can’t expect highly trained and licensed service professionals to work for $5 or less.

I apologize I can't offer a more optimistic answer here, but for comparison purposes had you called a tech out, you'd be paying a minimum of $125 for this exact same answer.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help. Similarly, asking for a refund or discount would have the effect of me having to work for free for my time spent in good faith to help you.