TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Video tv remote isn't working. I tried changing the

Customer Question
My Video tv remote isn't...
My Video tv remote isn't working. I tried changing the batteries and nothing happened. None of the buttons on the side of the tv are functioning either. It started with just not being able to connect to netflix. Help me oh tv man...I can't get it to turn off either.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: Hold on ill check/
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: 39 tells
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: ca92618
JA: Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?
Customer: model e601i-A3
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
5/10/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 6 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Bear with me as I review your concern.
Please post back with an acknowledgement that you are online.
Thanks.

Initially, have you tried unplugging the Vizio TV for an extended period of time?

...and while still unplugged, press any and all buttons on the TV itself for a number of times?

...do the same to the remote with the batteries removed also for a period of time?

Hey there. I actually managed to fix the remote issue. I just have another problem now, one that started about a week ago
Out of nowhere, the TV stopped connecting to Netflix (or any app that requires internet connection). I tried to view my network settings (connections to choose from) and the 'loading' wheel turns endlessly until the loading wheel, itself, freezes. This continues to happen even after to restoring the TV to factory settings and reconfiguring my settings. Ultimately, no matter what I do, my TV isn't able to detect any wifi connections...the wheels just freezes while it is supposedly searching for available connections.

Was the above done on WiFi or LAN cable connection?

WiFi

Can you please try using the ETHERNET port / LAN connection?

This would serve as both an attempt of a fix and as a test by process of elimination.

The only working jack that i have is upstairs and its a 64 inch tv.

I understand.

Offhand, I am tempted to suspect an internal hardware issue or more particularly with the WiFi module. The LAN try would confirm if the software side is good if it would connect.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.

Good morning. The Tv won't power off last night. I tried to set the sleep timer via remote and it lagged then appaered on the screen. Tv powered off I gues when the sleep timer set powered it off. Now this morning we are back to the same problem. It won't power up via side panel or remote. What's going on with this Tv?
I don't believe that the inoperative WIFI would also be the continuing problem with the oower all power function correct?

...or the WiFi (module) issue would be 1 of the results of an internal power problem.

Alternatively, the WiFi module possibly is loading up the internal PSU causing other problem(s).

Let's try the simplest; unplug the TV for an extended period of time. While still unplugged, press an and all buttons on the TV's control panel.

Post back results / observations of the above once tried.

Good morning. I called Video customer support. She walked me through the procedure and fixed the power issue. I believe that it was due to the power cord was plugged in via an extension cord. Power problem resolved. Wifi issue remains.

Hi again and appreciate the update.

As above posted, the most likely suspect would be a faulty WiFi module. Please click HERE.

An attempt of a bypass/workaround and as a test (by process of elimination), connect an Android TV box or a device of the same nature.

Louie, Technician