crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

We have a Sony trinitron TV - Model # KV-13FS100 Serial

Customer Question

Hi - We have a Sony trinitron TV - Model # KV-13FS100 Serial(###) ###-####- 14" screen, TV works fine, but power button is broken. Do you know where we can get the replacement part and get it fixed? It fits perfectly in our kitchen corner, so we dont want to get a new one. Thx! Katherine(###) ###-####
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Sony Trinitron - Model # KV-13FS100, Serial(###) ###-#### 14 " 6 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes, TV Menu works - just need a power button replacement. No - other TV's work in house.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: WHat - popped up? The power button won't turn the TV on.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?
Customer: No - I just want to know where I can get a replacement button and have it fixed.
Category: TV
Expert:  crash2199 replied 5 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The TV is almost 15 years old so the parts are very hard to find. With that being said, I do not see the part listed anywhere online so you can either reach out to local repair shops to see if they can locate one possibly if they have a similar model TV in their shop or continue to check the internet to see if a part becomes available but there is no guarantee if that will happen or how long it would take.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  crash2199 replied 4 months ago.

It has been a while since we spoke last but it appears the issue has not been resolved.

Do you still need help with your issue? If the issue has been resolved or you do not need anymore help, please take a minute to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit otherwise, please reply back to me here so that I can continue to help you.