Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Bought a 2002 tv...previous owner had cable, but I just need

Customer Question

Bought a 2002 tv...previous owner had cable, but I just need the digital box. I'm having trouble wth the conversion. Model DTQ-27S3FCN. When I go to Menu it just jumps around and flashes. I'm using a Phillips Universal Remote--also there lare soooo many codes to try, not even sure if its 3 numbrs or 4....
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Bought a 2002 tv. Previous owner had cable...i want only the digital box. The Menu screen just flashes and jumps all around...having trouble making the conversion. And of course there r soooo many codes to try. Not even sure if its a 3 or 4 numbr code. HELP! Model DTQ-27S3FCN. Thank you.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Philips is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Its a 2002 model...DTQ-27S3FCN........its a daewoo tv
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes, its the tv menu i was trying
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just bought the used tv from someone who movedl...I'm trying to set it up!
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: Oh how i wish i could just talk in person to someone
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

When you say a digital box, are you referring to a cable box?

Are you asking how to connect the box to the tv, or how to program the cable remote to operate the tv? Or something else?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've been using a RCA digital box bcuz i dont need cable tv. My other tv just blew out yesterday so we got this old one to replace it. The previous owner had it connected to cable...i just want 2 set the tv up so i can keep using my digital box as b4...but having lots of trouble. I've already explained my problem to u guys 3 times...this is the 4th. When i go to Menu from the tv, the screen jumps all around...doesn't allow me to do anything...and i need the 3 or 4 digit code.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

I was asking for clarification of what code you are referring to. Is it asking you for a parental/ratings pin code (menu/channels are locked)?
Or are you trying to program a remote and need that code?

What cord(s) did you use to connect the rca box to the tv?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The code for programming the remote. It is hooked up correctly.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I need the code for the remote and digital box...i think its the same.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Can you try using 1661 as the code and let me know if that works

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nathan...i guess this was just an absolute waste of my time...I'm going to have to have someone come out see for themselves what the problem is.
I hope i wont get charged for this...i need to pay another person now. Sry.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

You were charged for this under the terms agreed to on the payment page when you signed up.

I did send you a specific code to try and asked you to reply back. This is a conversation and requires back and forth communication to reach a resolution.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nathan...the code u sent me didn't work, that's why i said it was a waste of time. I'm not upset with u....its just everything...this is not a good yr for me. But this service wad guatanteed...if i wasn't satisfied, i didnt have to pay. So u gave me a code...big deal, it didnt work. And that wasnt one of the many codes i found on line, so it would not have worked anyway!
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

This was a starting point, that is the specific IR codeset for your tv. I was simply asking for an opportunity to continue working with you. We're all independent techs here working on our own personal time in good faith to help you.

You may cancel through the help page.