Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a magnovox and when I turn it on the source menu

Customer Question

I have a magnovox and when I turn it on the source menu keeps repeating by itself. I can't make it stop. I tried unplugging it and it still does the same thing. The only thing I can do is turn it off
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: It's about 3 years old and where do u find the model number??
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No it just shows the source menu and it keeps going thru all the possibilities by itself!!!
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Model number 39ME313v/f7
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: I just found it like this today
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Has the set got a philips brand name or magnavox please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Magnavox

OK there are two things in the frame for this the first is the remote control so to isolate it as the cause or not the cause TAKE THE BATTERIES OUT of the remote and try the set again, has it stopped this behavior or not please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
NO

OK the problem you have is with the function board inside the set, this board contains the volume\channel change\menu buttons ,there is a workaround, this board can be disconnected and then the issue will cease do you think you can do that yourself?I will tell you how

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK please

You need to get the back off the set,locate the buttons but as they are inside the set so you will see where they are attached to the function board, you need to pull out thelead that feeds this board and try the set again (this action disconnects those buttons, its the buttons causing all the trouble)

Please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Need any more help please?is it working?

Anthony