Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Second opinion] TV won't turn back on. Turned ir off and now

Customer Question

Second opinion] TV won't turn back on. Turned ir off and now won't turn on. No red indicator light.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Samsung Plasma 50". No past problem
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Nothing works . no image or menu on the screen
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just happened. turned off tv to run an errand and it would not turn on when I returned
JA: Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

If there is no power light or any other sign of life from the TV then it is likely that the internal power supply board has failed and it will need to be repaired replaced. There isn't any other way of repairing the problem.

A local TV repair tech can repair or replace the power supply board for approximately $200-250.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------