Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Panasonic flat screen power light flashes. Tried turning on

Customer Question

Panasonic flat screen power light flashes. Tried turning on power switch bottom left but it just clicks
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Has not been a problem until today. Panasonic flat 55" bought at Best Buy in MA. Model #TC-P50U50, Serial #MG20870120, date of 03-2012
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just occurred this morning... Tried rebooting from Cox Cable... Since everything else works excellent, has to be TV. Had a warranty but that may have run its course..
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No..
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Offhand, that blinking light is a "fault code" built into the TV telling us of a problem. Can you please count the number of blinks between pauses (for example: 7 blinks, pause, 7 blinks, pause, etc.) and tell me what you get?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Please view my reply and post one back to proceed.