Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My new TV pixelates and made a loud popping noise, h 2017 55

Customer Question

My new TV pixelates and made a loud popping noise
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Marc h 2017 55 I ch. Mass 4KUHD TV, UN55KU6290
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Don't know, it's not all the time lately it is pixelated and then it pops and I have experienced a couple short-term black screen
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Month
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

In order to try and help, I need to ask for more info:

1) What is connected to the TV (cable box, satellite box, DVD, home theater, etc.)?

2) Of those sources- do all of them produce the same popping sound and pixelated screen?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Cable and I really don't use the others cd player and dvd. I did have DVD picture stop while sound continued last week
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Thank you. So you're saying that you also had issues with this set when using a DVD, as well as "Cable". Please elaborate on "Cable"- is that a Cable "Box", or no box please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Okay, then unfortunately there is nothing else that can cause this but an intermittent fault within the TV itself. If you were using a box, or if the issue only occurred with one source, then it would possibly be a bad box/faulty HDMI cable. However with a direct cable connection this supersedes all connections and rules that the TV is the root cause of the issue. There are no pushbutton fixes for this and it indicates the start of premature issue with the TV. Given you just purchased this TV, your next step would be to contact Samsung regarding warranty repairs I'm afraid. You can contact them using the number below if you'd like:

1-800-SAMSUNG

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need further help here?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The answer is no I am not paying any more money