TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The stamdby power button only remains red. I can't power up

Customer Question
The stamdby power button only...
The stamdby power button only remains red. I can't power up the TV even by preesin the power button on the side. The main power is on.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Hitachi 42HDT52A V6a008004 Mfg. 2006, never have had any problems with it.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I cant tell as the screen is dark. I have tried all sources on the top of the remote.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I'm not sure. This is in a spare bedroom so I don't use it all that often.
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: It did happen about six months ago but I am not sure what the fix was.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/10/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 6 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Still no luck

Do you have real world electronics repair experience?

Because, I'm really sorry to confirm the bad news.... unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The tv needs parts and service.

As a technician, I might be able to help you with the repairs here, but if you do not have the needed skills and tools then I would actually NOT recommend you repair a tv of this size/age due to the high cost of parts/labor and the low prices of new Tv's.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but keep in mind you saved a lot of money by coming here first- typically repair shops charge $99 up front just to hand you an estimate for more than the tv is worth.

Despite the bad news, I hope you appreciate the answer that I provided so far. If you need more help or don't understand something use the REPLY option.

All of the technicians here, including me, take your question very seriously because helping you is how we support our livelihoods. Please be aware that every moment spent helping you goes unrecognized until you submit a positive rating for the answer provided.

Please submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page now so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are not sure about giving me 5 stars, please tell me how I can possibly change that!

Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost. The longer you wait to submit a rating, the less chance I will receive recognition.

Thanks

Did you get my previous message?

Do you need more details or further assistance?

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician