Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My sound on my LG TV goes out periodically. The mother board

Customer Question

My sound on my LG TV goes out periodically. The mother board has been replaced twice. It's been 6 months and it's starting again.
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yes and we turned it off for several hours. When turned on, in about a couple hours it starts again.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The menu works. The lack of sound occurs on all stations
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It started Friday with more problems . I called Charter because the box wouldn't come on and our remote wouldn't work. There was an outage on the TV and Internet over the weekend. Charter technician came today and replaced the remote and checked the box he said the box was fine. He said the sound problem was in the tv.
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: No, that's all.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Honestly there are only three things that could cause this- your Mainboard (least likely), your HDMI cable (somewhat likely) or your Cable box simply needs to be replaced (most likely). The Charter tech has no way of knowing the box is "fine" internally, besides the fact that perhaps it was working when he left. But if you've had the mainboard replaced this many times- I have to ask- what ELSE have you tried on the TV besides this cable box?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Please view my reply and post one back to proceed.