Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My screen went pink and it says my tv doesn't support the

Customer Question

My screen went pink and it says my tv doesn't support the programs content protection
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung un75ju6500 75 inch less than2 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works, haven't tried other sources
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just this morning, I went out and it was fine, came back to this
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: Don't think so
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Sorry about the initial questions those are auto-generated, just to clarify if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control the menu comes up and is perfectly OK?you just see this pink screen behind the menu?

Anthony

At some point you may be offered a phone call option ,I am not available by phone at this time (message is sent by the site not me) however if you use the option another tech may be able to help you that way, you can accept or reject the offer, I only am using this format of typing today.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The pink screen is gone and I tried a 4k station it said I'm watching in 480pand does not support4k content, maybe if we change it to1080p, how do i do that

The set will only display what its designed for so if the box is throwing out 480 and the set does not support this (because its an old format) you will need to go into the satellite or cable box settings and change the format to at least 1080,

If you are having trouble with that I will need the model number of the box please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can reset the1080 in the box?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How do i reset the box
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
C61k-700

There is no manual for this, is this one box on its own?

You need to go into the settings menu of the box and find the resolution setting and change it to 1080 or 4k

Please do not open new questions there will be delays in replies

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
In my settings my tv doesn't support any resolutions
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

My name is*****'m a different expert. All you need to do is reboot your cable box. Hold on while I pull up these instructions.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the SOURCE/INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

The box only reverts to 480 when the processor has glitched and it needs to be reset. When connecting an HDMI cable box to a TV you cannot change resolution in the TV- it's all done within the box itself, and the box should be displaying 1080 right now, so the reboot generally fixes this. Let me know what happens once you try those steps.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Were you able to try those steps please?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?