TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

No picture no sound, Un50h5203af 4yrs old, Menu does come on

Customer Question
No picture no sound JA: What's...
No picture no sound
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Un50h5203af 4yrs old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu does come on nothing comes on
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since Sunday we to the store left tv on came home tv was black
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
5/9/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 6 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

If the sets own menu is coming up then the set has likely lost its signal in most cases the signal is coming from a satellite or cable box and its the box that usually causes this type of issue so please reboot the box by unplugging the box from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again, it will be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time, give 5 more mins for everything to boot up and let me know the results of that please

Anthony

Did not work

Can you re-confirm the sets own menu DOES come up?

If it does the TV has lost the signal it will go black with no sound power-light lit as though its ON, the only thing you can do then is swap the lead if its a HDMI lead if that does not work then you will need to get the box swapped by your provider as its gone bad, you can prove that simply by trying another input like a DVD if that is OK box is bad.

Please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician