Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a vizio tv model e500i-a1 and i bought a vizio sound

Customer Question

I have a vizio tv model e500i-a1 and i bought a vizio sound bar model sb3651-e6, it says to hook the hdmi arc c able into the arc on the tv,the problem is i have the dish satellite pluged in to the arc . what else can i do?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 5 years, model E500i-A1
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes to both
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it's never been an issue.nothing popped up
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: i have a receiver and a blue-ray hooked up
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

The Vizio soundbar can be hooked up several different ways. If you already have something plugged into the HDMI ARC port- then ignore that part of the instructions, and simply run an Optical cable from the TV back to the soundbar- that is the only connection needed. Leave everything else connected to the TV as it is.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

There should be an optical cable included with the box the soundbar came in. That would be option 2 in the setup instructions. So leave your BD player and DISH box connected to the TV as they are, and simply run that optical cable from the TV's "Digital audio out" port and into the Optical Input on the soundbar. Go into the TV's MENU using it's original remote and under Sound/Audio options- shut off it's internal speakers. Then on the soundbar, using it's Input button on the remote that came with it, select the Digital/Optical Input and you will have sound.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need further help with this?