Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

When turning on my TV I get a message saying "something's

Customer Question

when turning on my TV I get a message saying "something's not quite right" with suggestions to check my cable connections/unplug my dvr. The DVR box is not connected to this TV, the small box is. I checked the connections on this TV but still not getting it to turn on.
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: It's a Vizio but I can't read the model number, it's a 20 inch and the label is too small for me to see/read
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just happened when I tried turning on the TV this morning. It was fine when I shut it off around 11:30 last night.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This TV is my kitchen area and is on a splitter from the main TV and cable at the other end of the house. The main TV is working fine.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

The "Something's not quite right" message is generated by the Xfinity box- meaning the issue is with Comcast or their equipment. The only thing on a user level you can try is to unplug the power cord from the back of the Xfinity box for 30 seconds- and then plug it back in to fully reboot the box. Once it comes back up this can sometimes clear the issue. However if it does not, then your next step is to contact your cable provider (Comcast) as they are responsible for that message and may need to either refresh the signal or swap out the cable box.

More on that message and contact for Charter can be found at the link below:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-errorcode-xre-00067/

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.
Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Please view my reply and let me know if you need further help.