Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a panasonic Viera 32" LCD TV. One morning I turned on

Customer Question

Hi. I have a panasonic Viera 32" LCD TV. One morning I turned on the TV and the sound was fine but the pictures were extremely dark, something like when you reduce the contrast to 0. Close to the screen I could make out that the pictures were just outlines. When I restarted a couple of times nothing changed and on the 3rd or 4th attempt the led light on the power switch started blinking red. I haven't really counted the no of blinks. Would you please advise how to go about it? Regards.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

I will need to know the blink pattern so 4 blinks pause 4 blinks as an example thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for responding. Though I am at work now, I will immediately check this out and let you know in about 6 hours from now. Is it ok? Sorry I can't do it before the 6 hours. Thanks. Bhaskar.

That is fine make sure you come directly back here , do not open a new question thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Anthony. This is Bhaskar. I checked the TV and now the pictures are just as bad and dark and no blinking led. I am confused. Pls advice. Regards Bhaskar

The light not blinking when it should be is awkward, if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the menu ITSELF dark too please?

I will also need the model number please found on the back of the set thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi. The model no for this panasonic viera LCD tv is TX32LE7C. The menu screen itself is nice and clear. One more information the indicator led light is steady and green. I have taken a video of the TV and wanted to send you but the file size is too big. Any way I can share this 38mb video with you which will make the situation absolutely clear to you. Please advice.

OK thanks you could upload the video to youtube and send me the link?before doing that though if you have a good menu and its totally unaffected that would suggest to me a signal issue, have you tried rebooting any satellite or cable box you may be using by unplugging from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again?do the same with the TV at the same time

Let me know if there is any change

Anthony

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No change. I tried connecting to Set Top box and also to my DVD player and the situation remains the same result, Dark Blackish Oicture oulines. What do you suggest ? Please advice.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please check the video of the TV problem at the below link:https://youtu.be/69KNokmOhvI

Can you un-privatize the video I do not have an account with youtube

OK its just with you saying the menu was good, please re-check the menu carefully compare it to a working TV , the menu should be nice and bright and the lettering should be crisp clear is that the case for sure?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have un-privatised the Video for you and you can find it on :
https://youtu.be/UvvBO7eh2r4
As for the clarity of the menu, thats hard to say how clear and crisp the menu is. But if the Menu and the AV1 label on the top left of the screen is of the same quality, you can see the quality of AV1 and AV2 labels in the above video very clearly. Hope you can nail it down with this.

This issue could be the main-board or one of the scan boards I cant make out if the banner that appears is affected, why can’t you bring up the sets own menu?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I couldn't keep up with you this last couple of days for work reasons. As suggested, I checked the menu also now. Menu seems unaffected to my eyes. Like I referred to in the video, you will clearly see the quality of the channel banner at the top left of the screen. This banner is definitely affected. It should be crisp and green but it is rather blurred and off colour. The menu though is clear. I can take a couple of pictures of the menu screen and upload it for you. If that is the deciding factor. Alternatively, incase you have figured out the fault, please let me know what is required to fix it. If a part needs to be changed, please advice me a source, tentative price and instructions to change. Would much appreciate a solution. Bhaskar Jalan.

The channel banner and the menu are basically one and the same please upload a pic of the menu lets have a look at that

I mean they both come from the same source as a test for the issue ......let me know

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK. So I will organise to upload a picture of the menu screen. Incase, the menu doesnt look right, what do you think it would cost me to get this up and running. Please standby for the picture. Will do so in a couple of hours. Thanks again. Bhaskar.

I don't know anything about costs until I know for sure what is happening with the set, yes please upload the pic

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Anthony. Sorry for the delay in getting the video of the menu screen. I finally did the video and have uploaded it on YouTube at the following link :https://youtu.be/fd8vfK79gAMYou will see that the Menu Screen Is equally bad and unclear. I guess that answers your question about the quality of Menu screen. Please advice how to go about fixing this problem. Regards. Bhaskar Jalan.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Its as I initially thought , problem is a bad t-con board, this drives the LCD panel, however there is a catch 22…..there is a chance that the LCD panel is bad and there is no way to verify one from the other if you replace the t-con and its still the same panel is bad, its not an option to replace the panel , let me know if you wish to replace the t-con and your thoughts on this please

Please I would be grateful if you could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is a tricky one!! Just considering the trend in this kind of problem, what could be the odds? It may sound quite silly and speculative, but I really can't figure out what to do! The TV went bad during a couple of (3-4)quick on-off cycles in say 2 seconds. Also, the picture was looking as if there was no backlight. Just in case it helps in any way. About the dispay- why is replacing the display not an option, as you say? Price? Is there absolutely no way to figure out which of the 2 parts is bad? How much would a tcon board cost, just in case we decide to take a call and replace it. Please advice. Bhaskar.

As I indicated $80 for the t-con

No way even at workshop level to check t-con or panel

Panel is not available even if it was it would not be an economic option to replaced

Back-lights are for sure lit

In most cases for sets of this size you would be better off replacing the set, this is because the cost of these smaller sets have come down considerably in the past 2 years, under $200 in many cases.

I am sorry this is not something easier

If you need more help let me know

Many Thanks

Anthony

Do you require any more help with this please?

Anthony