TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

This is the second time. unable to find and utilize the scan

Customer Question
for channels on my vizio...
this is the second time. unable to find and utilize the scan for channels on my vizio tv
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: wait p;lese
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: vizio 39 tesla model number e420ar
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just gave you the model
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: please answer my question and help are you a live person because this is a repeat
JA: No. I'm the expert's Assistant.
Customer: just anser my question please. how do I locate the channel search? i already did.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
5/9/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

You need to first use the tv remote, setting the input mode to TV (not to hdmi, video, etc)

then press Menu

go to the Channels section of the menu

and there you'll see the Channel Scan (auto scan) function to select.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

I did as you told me There is no channel on the menu

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or call your bank to clear a security hold on your account (the 2nd charge is usually what triggers this, not a problem with the card number/info).

If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too. Just let me know either way.
Thanks,

Ok there is tv cable, av etc is tv cable the one I should pick? There is no just tv.

It should be just TV,

but if all you have is cable tv then choose that one

then from menu go to TUNER then to Auto Channel Scan

Nathan there is no tuner on menu. What appears is input white cc sleep timer picture audio settings media help
Just call me at(###) ###-####
I have to be at work early morning it's already late

I cannot call you because that request failed when I tried to accept it. Until that payment is resolved we can only talk here.

In the menu you need to use the left/right buttons to move through the different option screens to get to SETTINGS then down to the tuner menu

Ok unable to find tuner on menu where do I find it under settings or what?

Yes, it is under settings.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Thank you this matter is now closed. Adrian.

You're very welcome, Adrian,

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Note: I did ask the site to close out your other question as a duplicate so that you wouldn't be double charged.

Nathan, Installer