Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I keep getting a message that something is not right. I

Customer Question

I keep getting a message that something is not right. I unplugged the tv and box and it say it would restart in a few minutes but one that same message is on screen and there is no sound or picture.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The tv is a westingtonhouse and is probably eight to ten yrs old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It started last night but is was off all day. I just turned it on and the same message is on the screen
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did what the screen said to do. I unplugged it and waited the plugged it back in. I don't have a dvr
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?