Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have the panasonic ae900u and I can not figure out why

Customer Question

Hi, I have the panasonic ae900u and I can not figure out why there is no picture. The green power light is on and not flashing yet I can not power it down the normal way by hitting once and then hitting again. It just stays solid green. I even use the manual power in the back and then it shuts down but when I power it back with the rear manual the power automatically is still green. This started after my teenage son and a friend used it and did not turn it off for a few days. Prior to this I was having some trouble where I would have to turn the projector on and off before it would light up a picture.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Is the projector lamp lit up?

Can you access the on-screen menu?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No. Also no clicking sound (fan) when manually turned on from the rear.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No picture to see a menu.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Ok, first you will need to try a replacement lamp in the projector.

If that doesn't work, then the built in ballast board is suspect and will need to be tested or replaced.