Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Got power to it refuses to turn on, 50px950 no previous,

Customer Question

Got power to it refuses to turn on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: 50px950 no previous
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Doesnt turn on ..it has power
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Tv turned itself off while watching it twice. And refused to come on after that
JA: Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Try those steps and reply back please.