TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic TH 42PX60U television that is showing 7…

I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic TH 42PX60U television that is showing 7 blinks and then a pause on the power light indicator. I replaced the SC board but I am still getting the seven blinks. Is there a way to find out where the problem lies?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a TH 42PX60U and it was produced in 2007

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I get no picture. When I replaced the sc board I had sound but no picture. I then found a cable that was not connected to the board. The power indicator light stayed on without blinking. I connected the cable and now I just get 7 blinks and a pause

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The set stopped working last week and just showed the 7 blinks and a pause.

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?

I do not know.

5/7/2017
Steve G., Technician

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I am one of the TV experts here.

Did you also replace the two or three buffer boards attached to the SC board, or just the SC board?

Let me know.

Steve

I replaced only the sc board.

Ok. It is common with a 7 blink code for the either the SU or SD (or both) buffer boards to fail making it look like it is the SC.

There is a way to test those boards. You will need a multimeter to check the boards. Do you have one?

If you give me 5 minutes I'll see if I can upload the pages you need from the manual.

Let me know if that works for you.

Steve

I have a multimeter. Please send the diagrams.

Ok. Please give me 5-10 minutes to get this together for you.

I'll be back.

Steve

I'm sorry for the delay. The manual is on my work server and I am having some issues getting to it.

As soon as I have it, I will reply.

I'm sorry about this.

Ok, I'll have to do it by memory. Sorry about this.

We need to isolate the SU and SD boards. Unplug TV from wall.

First, remove the two screws holding each board to the chassis.

Then disconnect connectors SC41, SU45, SD46 and SC42. This isolates SU and SD from the rest of the TV.

Plug in and turn on the TV and tell me the blink code if any.

Do not leave the TV on for more than 30 seconds.

Let me know your findings.

I have the rear panel removed but I have no diagram to tell me which of the boards and cables are to be isolated.

The connections are on the SC board - the one you swapped out. Two smaller boards are connected to the left side of that SC board. Those are the boards we are disconnecting.

All done.

Ok, do you get a blink code when you turn on the TV?

Successful

Hi there and good morning.

"Successful"?? What happened?

Please let me know.

Steve

Steve G., Technician
I wrote two replies which are not showing in the thread. When I removed the rear panel to the set I found that a cable was not connected properly. Apparently this small thing is enough to keep the set from working. I cleverly connected the cable and now the set works great. Thanks for your help.
Steve G., Technician