TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Satellite went out last night....when i rebooted satellite…

satellite went out last...

satellite went out last night....when i rebooted satellite my vizio lost color

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

E701iA3E serial # lftrnxcp4100661

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works other vizio's are fine

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?

Tv is fine no color

4/28/2017
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and satellite/ cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let satellite/ cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
satellite yes
tv no
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
give me a minute

Sure, take your time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok all unplugged and replugged
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have some blue very bright blue, no reds

OK, how the satellite box connected to TV?

The choices are:
1- Component cables: 5 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a green, a blue, a red, a white, and another red cable.
2- Composite cables: 3 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a yellow, a white, and a red.
3- HDMI: 1 wire between the tv and the device, this is a single wire and looks like a computer plug on each end, similar to a large USB connector.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hdmi
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tv is on the wall

OK, can you please connect another video source such as DVD/Bluray player to TV, pull the HDMI from satellite box and hook it into bluray player as a test to see if TV shows colors?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
did that.....
still the same
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
picture is great....

This is odd, do you get same issue on all HDMI inputs?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
only imput is dvd and tv

I guess I wasn't clear in my previous info request, have you tried other HDMI inputs of TV and get same color problem?

It needs to connect DVD player into any other free HDMI input of TV as a test.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
stand by

OK, take your time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok things look normal......
dont have an explaination
my equipment is setting on drawer shelves built to slide out, when i slid the drawer out .....boom its normal
what could have caused this
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
checked all connections ....ok

Excellent, HDMI cables looks suspected as they tend to go bad/ broken internally. Glad to know TV is fine and back in business. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks
boy thats gunna be a pain in the ass to replace