Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 3D tv from a few years back, There is clicking

Hello I have a 3D tv from a few years back
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: There is clicking sound when I turn it on
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Picture won't come on and sound comes I'm but broken at times
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: But tv menu works
JA: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: That's it

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's a panasonic

Because you are seeing the sets own menu this would imply its a signal issue, please first reboot any satellite or cable box you may be using by unplugging the box from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replug back in again, do the same with the TV at the same time, then wait for everything to boot up let me know if there is any change

Anthony

If the reboot works out good could you please rate me 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at thetop of the page thank you (scroll up) the site will then credit me

Anthony

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. Thank you

If you need more help please let me know

Please before you go (assuming everything is fine) could you rate me 3 to 5 stars this is the only way the site will credit me thanks again

Anthony

How is this working out please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Reboot did not work
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Did you get images?

The menu working on the set basically means the set is working OK it just has no signals

So you have rebooted the box now pick up the Tv remote and look for the INPUT or SOURCE button as you may be in the wrong input mode, continually press this button until you get the box through

The button may even be a dedicated HDMI button on the remote if you are using HDMI

If that does not work then it would appear as though the box is bad, however swap the HDMI lead if you are using that and then if no joy the provider will swap the box, we have trouble with boxes all the time

Let me know

Anthony

You can further prove if the TV is good by simply trying another input like a DVD player that should work OK

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok

Your Welcome

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. It's the box��
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do I rate you?

Yes just contact the provider they will replace it

The rating bar of stars is top of the page pick 3 to 5 stars please click submit thank you

Thank You kindly

Have a good day

Anthony