Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I cant get any channels. I am hooked up to cable. It says I

I cant get any channels. I am hooked up to cable. It says I only have channel 1 which is not a channel with anything on it.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: Just started. its a 55 inch. we had a carpenter put in some braces in the corner of a room to hang the tv. cant find the owners manual and cant see the back of the set.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: menu works now. was not before.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it was working when I brought in from the store. this is a vacation home. my wife had a carpenter come as I said before. now the problems.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the expert should know?
Customer: no

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just saw it was 27 dollars. do not call, lets do it like this.

OK, Phone call offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok. WHERE IS MY HELP?

Is it basic coax cable coming from wall plugs straight into TV?

OR is there any cable box connected to TV and you use cable remote to change channels?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
lets get started.

Did you get my previous reply where I asked following info to troubleshoot the problem..

- Is it basic coax cable coming from wall plugs straight into TV?- OR is there any cable box connected to TV and you use cable remote to change channels?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
its basic cable - no cable box
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
where are you

OK, please grab TV remote and press Menu/ Home button and find channel setup in menu and run auto program/ channel scan option so TV can scan available channels over cable service.

Please note that above verbiage could be different in your TV as I don't know what is the brand and model of your TV, it seems your TV needs to run channel scan option so it can save available channels data in its memory.

Please reply back with the result.

I was typing info for you that took bit time. Sorry for the delay in reply.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am doing the channel program now. are you getting this?

Nice, please reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
while we are waiting. i have an old VCR/DVD player. Is it possible to hook it up to this TV? I tried 3 weeks ago and had no success.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
R U there?

Yes, I'm here and typing info for VCR/DVD player connection for you. give me couple of minutes to finish.,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok. i have channels. now waiting on the vcr/dvd question

Yes, if TV has video and audio input jacks then the DVD/VCR player can be hooked into.

Get an AV Cable that has three color coded pins (yellow-red-white), put yellow pin into Video Out jack and plug red-white pins into Audio Out jacks on DVD /VCR player.

Now plug the other end of yellow pin into Video In jack and red-white pins into Audio In (L+R) on TV to complete the connection setup.

Turn On VCR/DVD player, playback a tape or disc in player. Grab TV remote and push Input or Source or TV/Video button on TV remote to switch the video input mode to get DVD playback picture on TV.

Excellent, glad to know you have cable channels on TV.

If TV has multiple video inputs then need to push Input button a few times on remote.

Input or Source or TV/Video button function is the same, just the label is different.

If I could have model numbers of your TV and VCR/DVD player then it would be far easy to explain how to do connection setup.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks. I will try that. l am ending this contact. Thank you.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Also, I still have your active phone call request open at my end, let me close it for you.

You might see phone call charges temporarily due to closure of phone call request.

Thanks.

Phone call has been closed now.

Have nice time!

Shahid.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The cost was $5 dollars. That's what I expect on my bill since I did not do the phone call option.

$5 is to post the question and question cost is $24

Phone call charges are extra $26 that never happen.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I never saw anything that said anything other than $5 dollars. Where does it say there is another charge?

I'm sorry about it, please contact customer service at following link/ number for any billing issue..

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
USA:(###) ###-####/p>

Thanks.