Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

How to reset Samsung UN55D6000 TV to factory settings for

Customer Question

how to reset Samsung UN55D6000 TV to factory settings for the picture without a remote
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: It's 6 years old? Haven't tried unplugging it for a few hours. Am using as an Apple monitor. Got a new Apple hard drive and the tv went bonkers.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Haven't checked that. Will try. I think my remote is fried and I don't want to wait several days until a new one comes. Maybe I'll have to. This one doesn't have many controls on the tv itself. the remote seems dead
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The only new think is I plugged in a new Apple Mac Mini.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I don't really have a way to know if you can fix this without a remote unless you can tell me what exactly your TV is doing or not doing? What do you see on your screen- what's the issue exactly?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Send a reply back to proceed.