TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 45" Zenith Flatscreen TV WHEN I TURN ON THE POWER

Customer Question
I have a 45"...
I have a 45" Zenith Flatscreen TV WHEN I TURN ON THE POWER IT COMES ON AND STAY ON APPROXMIALY 5 MIN. THEN IT GOES OFF IMMEDIATELY, IT ABOUT 5 YRS. OLD.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: IT A ZENITH. AND A FIRST TIME PROBLEM
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: MENU AND IMPUT WORKS
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: ONE WEEK
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/18/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 9 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Please provide basic info requested in previous reply to proceed further.

Thanks for phone call assistance request that seems bit early at this stage.

if it going to cost an extra $26. no do not call, let go on emailing

Yes, phone call will cost you extra $26 and we can continue here in text chat format to troubleshoot the problem.

Let me repeat the requested info..

the serial no. is 006RNE5G639 (2459) DESERIE

Model number please, it would be written nearby serial number.

Also, What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

POWER AC 100-240 50/60 H33.62A PLASMATV Z5OPJ240 SVC CODE 250PJ240UBAUSLZUR
THIS IS ALL THE I HAVE ON IT.
ITS A ZENITH PLASMA TV

Thanks for the info.

When TV shuts Off itself, does it turn back On itself or needs to push power button to get it On?

Also, does it show normal picture with sound when turn back On?

I NEED TO PUSH THE POWER BUTTON AGAIN TO TURN IT ON AGAIN. FYI, I HAVE A CABLE BOX AND A DVD BOX CONNECTED TO THIS TV ALSO

OK, lets try easy thing first.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.

I'VE DONE ALL OF THE ABOVE SEVERAL TIMES

Sorry about delayed reply, I was away from computer.

OK, do you have multimeter and can check volts on circuit board inside TV if want to troubleshoot the problem yourself OR want diagnosis and approx cost on repair info from local TV repair shop?

I CAN NOT DO IT ON MY OWN AND IF THAT ALL YOU CAN DO TO HEIP ME , I THINK YOU GUYS ARE A RIP OFF. YOU DIDN'T DO ANTHING DIFFERENT THAT I DID DO MYSELF. I WILL CALL IN AN CANCLE THIS TRANSACTION BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT HELP ME. YOU ARE A RIP OFF AND I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW NOT TO USE THIS SERVICES. I WANT MY MONEY RETURN TO MY CARD TODAY.

I'm sorry if you felt it that way, I wish if I could put my hands on your TV from here through internet to test/ check volts inside TV and replace bad board to get it fixed for you but unfortunately it is not possible.

Please contact customer service at given link/ number for any billing/ money matters as I have no control over such things.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
USA:(###) ###-####/p>

Thanks.

Louie, Technician